Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Vocational School for Brewing in Munich

The education system in Germany is different than in the US. Traditional apprenticeships still prepare many people for work life here; they train in a trade with a company for blocks of time, then attend trade-specific classes for three week blocks.

I am attending two blocks of brewing apprenticeship school in Munich, and find attending and understanding technical classes in a second language is tough but rewarding, good for the ol' Gulliver.

Everyone I talk too in the US asks whether I have seen the movie, "Brewfest" I think it is called. No I have not, because it was banned in Munich for misrepresenting the culture and purpose of Oktoberfest. I'll just have to watch it when I get home. I was told drinking boot sales have skyrocketed because of the film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home