Saturday, March 10, 2007

Portland Rain

As March opens spring, and my program in Germany nears completion, I realize that I have finally started to become comfortable here. I understand the language, the train system, how many half liter doppelbocks I can drink and still ride my bike the next day... About once a week, I go to a pub, introduce myself to a group of locals and share a couple pints with them. But there are so many wonderful things I look forward to returning to in the US.

I had heard of M Ward for some years before hearing a podcast. He recorded a song "Paul's Song" with Portland's Paul Brainerd playing pedal steel guitar.

You say how does it feel to be travelling,
How's it feel to live your life on the train,
And the aeroplane? Well I ain't gonna lie to you,
Every town is all the same, when you've left your heart in the Portland rain.

So cheers to everyone back home, I miss you and look forward to an excellent summer!

1 Comments:

Blogger dafenga said...

Portland misses you as well. Come home soon.. climbing season has just began.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home